CityMania Patch Pack
A modified version of OpenTTD (aka patchpack/fork) with lots of useful features like polyrail, zoning, extra hotkeys, etc. Works as a drop-in replacement for the vanilla version as it's savegame and network compatible so can be used for creating scenarios and in multiplayer.
To install CityMania client just unpack the archive somewhere and run from there. If you want to run it via Steam you can add it from that folder to Steam as a custom game. Do not overwrite vanilla OpenTTD files in steam folders, that will result in a broken game next time Steam updates OpenTTD.
Our GitHub: https://github.com/citymania-org/cmclient/
12.1 (latest stable version)
12.1 (9 November 2021)
- Added company HQ and watch buttons to companies in the online players window.
- Made companies clickable in the online players window. Regular click opens company window, Fn(Ctrl)-click opens finances.
- Slightly improved the look of online players widow and client list overlay with more informative icons.
- Moved company selection to the bottom in the watch window to reduce the waste of a screen space.
- All outgoing actions are queued and not being sent to the server by more than 2 per frame. Should prevent the client from being kicked from most servers when overusing treedozer or copy-paste.
- Hid new auto-terraforming mode for polyrail behind a setting for now as it's was quite bugged and confusing. Though all known bugs were fixed so it should quite usable now.
- Show both terraforming and autorail highlight when using auto-terraforming polyrail mode.
- Fixed client list overlay disappearing after opening console.
- Fixed copy-pasting signals.
- Fixed auto-terraforming messing remove mode in polyrail tool.
- Fixed modifier keys selection in settings ui.
- Fixed red highlight on rail tools in remove mode.
- Fixed crash when trying to move copied rail out of the map.
12.0 (17 October 2021)
- Automatically search servers when opening multiplayer window.
- Show town population instead of the name in IMBA minimap mode.
- In polyrail mode placing rail while holding Fn modifier will automatically flatten the land for it (only works reliably in singgle-player mode atm).
- Fixed crash when copying rail bridges.
12.0-RC1 (5 October 2021)
- Added rail copy-paste tool.
- Added client list overlay (toggleable with a button in the regular client list window title).
- Added back "New company" option to the company toolbar dropdown menu.
- Fixed crash when closing order window with a hotkey.
- Fixed crash when building airports outsize the map.
- Fixed minimap crash in imba mode.
- Fixed cargo selection in income/cargo graphs.
- Fixed watch window excessive scaling with interface size.
12.0-beta2 (20 August 2021)
- Fixed crash when building airport with no valid airport type selected.
- Renamed a bunch of setttings in the config file adding cm_* prefix to distinguish them from vanilla ones.
- Removed setting to show train length in old format in the depot (new one is more usable now).
- Removed setting to disable ending the polyrail with double click (it's always disabled).
- Removed setting to disable starting-stopping vehicles with ctrl-click (seems pointless).
1.11.2 (4 May 2021)
- OpenTTD update.
1.11.1 (19 April 2021)
- Fixed crash when building road stop or airport.
- Fixed joining companies in the game.
- Fixed graphical glitches when using town growth tiles zoning.
- Added German translation for additional string - by danidoedel.
1.11.0 (5 April 2021)
- Added two more minimap zoom levels (very useful on 4k monitors).
- When building a station show estimated monthly supply amounts.
- Added setting to change graphs background colour between old one (grey) and new one (black).
- Subtle visual improvements for graphs.
- Made rail depot building preview red if it can't be built there and allow rotating it with a hotkey (defaults to middle mouse button).
- Added building preview and rotation hotkey(also MMB by default) for rail stations, road stops and road depots.
- Added building preview for aiports.
- Added Zstandard(zstd) savegame compression option. May or may not reduce map download time on CityMania servers.
- Show vehicle IDs in vehicle window if newgrf_developer_tools is enabled.
cmresettowngrowthcommand to reset growth rate of all towns to normal (helpful if some gamscript messed them up).
- Export house spec info in
1.10.3 (11 August 2020)
- Show preview when building a rail depot.
- Add an option to enable shading trees on slopes for better looks.
- Add an option to show APM counter on the status bar.
- Fix order hotkeys adding extra no load/unload orders.
- Allow to use TAB as a hotkey.
- Add hotkey to toggle minimap.
- Make a usinghotkey to close news and errors configurable (still defaults to SPACE).
- Remove custom hotkey keycodes that were added to vanilla.
- Make modifier key (ctrl/alt/shift) functions configurable.
- Allow toggling removal mode with modifier key on station and signal building tools if it's different from the Fn modifier (otherwise fn takes priority).
- Add "cmtreemap" console command to plant trees according to a heightmap image (scenario editor only).
- Add "cmexport" console command to export various in-game data in JSON format (for developers).
- Add "cmstep" console command to advance the game for n ticks (singleplayer only).
- Make land info tool work with right-click tooltip setting and/or disabled extra tooltip settings.
- Make station rating tooltips work with right-click tooltip setting
- Split extra (land) tooltips setting in config into 3 for industries, stations, and houses separately.
- Add an option to pause games after loading.
- Fix town HR counter.
- Allow spectators to open the industry funding window from the menu.
- Fix graphical glitches after switching location with a hotkey.
- Make new tint highlights work with 32bpp sprites.
- Fix: sprite preview in sprite aligner is too small with scaled UI.
- Slightly improve funding highlight update.
- Remove cargo color icons from income and delivered cargo graphs to avoid confusion with company colors.
- Fix delivered cargo graph displaying units as money.
1.10.2 (5 June 2020)
- Add new minimap mode showing industries, height and farms at the same time.
- Rename "CB town border" zone to "CB cargo acceptance", switch it to a new colored highlight and fix for new CB mode.
- Rename "New CB borders" zone to "CB town limit" and switch it to a new colored highlight. Remove old "CB borders" zone.
- In CB modes added CB town limit to outer town zones highlight (red border).
- Show engine id in build window in newgrf developer mode.
- Add hotkeys (unset by default) to remember locations and scroll back to them.
- Fixed automatic funding and advertisement wasting money.
- Fixed crash on selecting tram station build tool.
- Fixed zoning hotkeys.
- Fixed tooltip width on empty stations.
- Fixed checkboxes in toolbar menu items.
- Fixed CityMania login in server login window.
1.10.1 (15 April 2020)
- Add a setting to autoopen vehicle window when cloning vehicles while sharing orders.
- Add a setting to autoopen orders window along with a vehicle window for new vehicles.
1.10.0 (1 April 2020)
- OpenTTD update.
1.10.0-RC1 (18 March 2020)
- When cloning from vehicle window skip orders to same position.
- Always open vehicle window when ctrl-cloning a vehicle (like it was before 1.9).
- Impove rendering performance on high resolutions (about 50% impovement on 4k).
- New way of highlighting tiles by colouring them. Some zoning and 1.10.0 default highlights switched to this new way.
1.10.0-beta2 (6 January 2020)
- OpenTTD update.
1.10.0-beta1 (5 November 2019)
- Show company goals in CB window if there is no CB info provided by server.
- Make zoning UI use new cleaner highlight style for town zones and station catchment outer zoning.
- Show closest town and advertisement zone in station building window.
1.9.3 (16 September 2019)
- OpenTTD update.
1.9.3-RC1 (8 September 2019)
- OpenTTD update.
1.9.2 (12 July 2019)
- OpenTTD update.
- Fixed order hotkeys with Shift key.
- Fixed crash on game save.
1.9.1 (8 April 2019)
- OpenTTD update.
1.9.0 (1 April 2019)
- Added treedozer tool (Ctrl+D) that destroys trees in an area - by Corns McGowan.
- Depot building tools now close after placement (hold Ctrl to keep them). Enable "Interface->Construction->Keep depot building tools active after usage" to revert to original behaviour.
- Removed vehicle measurements from framerate counter (massive performance improvement in some cases compared to vanilla).
- Improved performance of authority and advertisement zoning.
- Improved cargo legend looks in charts.
1.8.0 (17 April 2018)
- OpenTTD update.
1.7.1 (15 July 2017)
- OpenTTD update.
1.7.0 (3 June 2016)
- Polyline patch updated to version 11a
- Always autorotate drive-through road/tram stops when placed on roads.
- Added industry type id to newgrf debug window (may be useful for newgrf developers)
- Added a trick to join servers that have diffirent game version. Hold Ctrl while clicking greyed-out join button and it will work. But still may fail version check later as not all versions are supported. And even if you do manage to join the game keep in mind that it's not supposed to work like that and is highly likely to desync or crash at some point.
1.6.1-2 (29 July 2016)
- Fixed crash when joining ECS servers on windows
1.6.1 (24 July 2016)
- Minor bugfixes
1.6.0 (2 April 2016)
- Added active stations highlight to town zoning. Outlines stations that have been serviced in last ~50 days (as in checks for authority rating and town growth rate).
- Fixed next counter in town window (was always showing -1 in case of custom growth rate). Also show * after GR value for a custom rate (set by GameScript or server patch).
- Detailed station ratings tooltip (hover over rating in station window).
- Make cargo window look better, especially in double/quad interface size.
- Added real population to town directory, towns can be sorted by it too.
- Added experimental "New CB border" zone in zoning tool. Meant to replace old CB borders for new game modes, but is not used anywhere just yet.
1.5.3 (3 December 2015)
- Update to OpenTTD 1.5.3
- Fixed crash when pressing Ctrl while building tramways.
1.5.3-RC1 (3 November 2015)
- Update to OpenTTD 1.5.3-RC1
1.5.2 (2 September 2015)
- Fixed fast server change buttons.
- Fixed extra data saving (crashed when opening saves).
- Full-tile autoroad tool is considered deprecated since it is no longer needed to avoid HS. It will be removed in future unless someone finds new use case for it.
1.5.1-2 (16 June 2015)
- Stores most of CityMania client extra data in savegame
- Includes CB info (deliveries/requirements/etc.), RTM/DTM, CS/HS/HR and town growth zoning.
- It also means that all of these are now synchronized when you join CityMania servers.
- Savegame is compatible with unmodified clients (they obviously don't understand extra data, but preserve it intact).
- Fixed OpenTTD version detection in source package.
1.5.1 (3 June 2015)
- Renamed to CityMania client as successor of Novapolis, community-related things changed accordingly.
- Now is shipped in a complete package, similar to vanila OpenTTD, so no longer require it to be installed first.
- Providing complete source pack instead of just diff
- Also note that town growth mechanics has changed a bit in 1.5.1. It's now safe (no CS) to keep depots and extra roadbits in town. And previously HS cases become CS. Now HS can only happen when town is allowed to build roads and decides to build one instead of house.
- Show houses count in towns list, towns can be sorted by it too.
- 12.0 - Windows(64bit) | Windows(32bit) | Windows(arm64) | MacOS(dmg) | MacOS(zip) | source | cmclient-4.grf
- 12.0-RC1 - Windows(64bit) | Windows(32bit) | Windows(arm64) | MacOS(dmg) | MacOS(zip) | source | cmclient-4.grf
- 12.0-beta2 - Windows(64bit) | Windows(32bit) | Windows(arm64) | MacOS(dmg) | MacOS(zip) | source | cmclient-3.grf
- 1.11.2 - Windows(64bit) | Windows(32bit) | Windows(arm64) | MacOS(dmg) | MacOS(zip) | source | cmclient-3.grf
- 1.11.1 - Windows(64bit) | Windows(32bit) | Windows(arm64) | MacOS(dmg) | MacOS(zip) | source | cmclient-3.grf
- 1.11.0 - Windows(64bit) | Windows(32bit) | Windows(arm64) | MacOS(dmg) | MacOS(zip) | source | diff | cmclient-3.grf
- 1.10.3 - Windows(64bit) | Windows(32bit) | source | diff | cmclient-3.grf
- 1.10.2 - Windows(64bit) | Windows(32bit) | source | diff | cmclient-2.grf
- 1.10.1 - Windows(64bit) | Windows(32bit) | source | diff | cmclient-2.grf
- 1.10.0 - Windows(64bit) | Windows(32bit) | source | diff | cmclient-2.grf
- 1.10.0-RC1 - Windows(64bit) | Windows(32bit) | MacOS(dmg) | MacOS(zip) | source | diff | cmclient-2.grf
- 1.10.0-beta2 - Windows(64bit) | Windows(32bit) | MacOS(dmg) | MacOS(zip) | source | diff | cmclient-1.grf
- 1.10.0-beta1 - Windows(64bit) | Windows(32bit) | MacOS(dmg) | MacOS(zip) | source | diff | cmclient-1.grf
- 1.9.3 - Windows(64bit) | Windows(32bit) | MacOS(dmg) | MacOS(zip) | source | diff | innerhighlight.grf
- 1.9.3-RC1 - Windows(64bit) | Windows(32bit) | MacOS(dmg) | MacOS(zip) | source | diff | innerhighlight.grf
- 1.9.2 - Windows(64bit) | Windows(32bit) | MacOS(dmg) | MacOS(zip) | source | diff | innerhighlight.grf
- 1.9.1 - Windows(64bit) | Windows(32bit) | MacOS(dmg) | MacOS(zip) | source | diff | innerhighlight.grf
- 1.9.0 - Windows(64bit) | Windows(32bit) | MacOS(dmg) | MacOS(zip) | source | diff | innerhighlight.grf
- 1.8.0 - Windows(64bit) | source | diff | innerhighlight.grf
- 1.7.1 - Windows(64bit) | source | diff | innerhighlight.grf
- 1.7.0 - Windows(64bit) | source | diff | innerhighlight.grf
- 1.6.1-2 - Windows(64bit) | Windows(32bit) | source | diff | innerhighlight.grf
- 1.6.1 - Windows(64bit) | Windows(32bit) | source | diff | innerhighlight.grf
- 1.6.0 - Windows(64bit) | Windows(32bit) | source | diff | innerhighlight.grf
- 1.5.3 - Windows(64bit) | Windows(32bit) | source | diff | innerhighlight.grf
- 1.5.3-RC1 - Windows(64bit) | Windows(32bit) | source | diff | innerhighlight.grf
- 1.5.2 - Windows(64bit) | Windows(32bit) | source | diff | innerhighlight.grf
- 1.5.1-2 - Windows(64bit) | Windows(32bit) | source | diff | innerhighlight.grf
- 1.5.1 - Windows(64bit) | Windows(32bit) | source | innerhighlight.grf