- Forum Lists
- Starting quests - Step by step
Starting quests - Step by step
Hello everyone, I wish to do the quests but since wiki is not working and did not find any manual, I would like some help from you.
I downloaded 1.10.1 client for windows, on multiplayer option I found CityMania servers, then joined as "Player":
- How/where do I login with my personal user?
- How do I access chat? (I pull the command line but, for instance, "login" command is not on the list).
- Some servers show "incompatible version", what does that mean and how to resolve this issue?
Thanks in advance!
Hi! Unfortunately quest servers are down atm. There are plans to bring them back but will probably take a few months as some coding is required. Until then it's not possible to do quests, but you can play on our goal servers.
- Chat commands are just regular chat messages that start with
! sign. So to login you just say
!login your_name your_password. And, ofc, even if you send it publically it won't be broadcasted to other players, just don't forget to start with
- Unless changed in
hotkeys.cfg you chat by pressing the
Enter key, you can read more about chatting here. What you seem to be opening (presisng
~ I guess) is the console and even though it contains chat history it's not the chat itself. And CityMania chat commands are handled by the server extension and are not part of the default game so they don't show in the console commands
- OpenTTD is updated regularly and different versions of the game aren't network compatible with each other. So you have to use the exact same version that server uses. If you have a different one server will be marked with a red circle and you see that "incompatible version" message. We on CityMania try to run servers on the most recent version of the game but we may have the duplicates of certain servers in older version. Also sometimes game mode requires additional effort to update it and can be running on the old version for a while (that's the reason why 3h city-builder is still stuck on 1.8, for example). Usually you just chose from whatever servers are running the same version as you are but if you absolutely want to join a certain server you'll have to download the same version of the game that it uses.
Heya, a bit late to the party, but I finally found time to take the wiki back alive !
so you can have a look over there, but as dP was mentioning, it seems they do not work at the moment, unfortunately...