Features/Modifications to CityMania Client

27 June 2015 11:48

Ill explain what i would like to be added and a reason for it.

::Hotkeys::

• "Depot" button for when a vehicle is outside the depot - Reason: Faster gameplay, less mouse clicking.
  • "Location" button, found in various windows.. especially the station/depot/vehicle one im looking for - Reason: Faster localization of target, less mouse clicking, Moving around the map faster.
  • "Drag&Drop" button for toggling, ive noticed u added the station size/drop thing but that requires 2 hotkeys rather than one. - Reason: One hotkey instead of Two. Keep the ones u added and just add this toggle one.

::Modifications::

• Window popup locations, having the option of default "pin" em at specific places instead of having em randomly appear everywhere on screen. A good example is the Buy Vehicle Window, which id like to have on left side when it pops up, keeping the view clear at center of screen - Reason: Better customization/control over the screens visual.
  • Hotkey modification inside the game and the possibility to reload with those hotkeys without quitting game - Reason: Hassle to exit game and modify hotkeys each time, a nicer view of the hotkey setup instead of using notepad, very unobvious names of some hotkeys which could be renamed in the ingame hotkey modifier with even a explanation tooltip to each hotkey what it does if needed, a more obvious place to change hotkeys instead of going to my documents bla bla (for beginners).

(work in progress post)

27 June 2015 14:26
  • "Drag&Drop" button for toggling, ive noticed u added the station size/drop thing but that requires 2 hotkeys rather than one. - Reason: One hotkey instead of Two. Keep the ones u added and just add this toggle one.

It is 2 hotkeys anyway - one to start building station and one to toggle. And I find scheme when you go directly to the mode you need much more convenient. To use toggle efficiently you always need to keep in mind what mode is active.

• Hotkey modification inside the game and the possibility to reload with those hotkeys without quitting game

I'd like to have that but don't think I'll ever do that myself. It's a lot of work that doesn't really bring anything new. If you find (or if someone makes) patch for that I probably can include it.

Btw, it all applies to vanila ttd too, so you might get better luck asking there.

27 June 2015 15:25

is it that much work to add shortcut to "drag&drop" button? Just asking.

27 June 2015 17:55

It may not be that much work to add, but I feel like there are way too many hotkeys already. And I don't want to add another one unless I'm absolutely sure that it is useful. Also it's much harder to remove hotkey later since you never know if someone uses it.