thanks Citymania

3 October 2016 19:39

A wonderful server.

quests are the best

I would start again,

I maybe it does, if it looks good administrator.

three years since the last time completed. https://citymania.org/quests-top

too much time. we should analyze the problem

few players to the most interesting server.

3 October 2016 21:04

Wow, Now after finishing.

I discover !restart command Ohhh, it's wonderful end lost hours, waiting for new game

a single but You could indicate start with minutes of delay? I liked to think the game before the first day

4 October 2016 02:27

Congratulations on completing all quests! You are actually the first one to complete them on CityMania, me and cordal did it back when it was called Novapolis.

As for your questions, it's a bit hard to understand your english, but I think I got most of it.

I think of adding option to redo quests but it probably won't happen anytime soon as there aren't currently many players who would've used it. So for now you can create second account if you want, it's perfectly fine.

And you're right, we aren't getting many players on our servers, I'm trying to do something about it but so far nothing really worked. Oldschool players rarely play nowadays and new ones don't seem to grasp what's going on here and just prefer servers that already have a lot of companies.

By delay you mean have game paused for some time before it actually starts? OpenTTD doesn't currently support it. I can set it in a way that it will unpause with first company created, but some players seem to not understand that and just leave. Besides, quest timer starts when you create a company, not when game starts so you can spend some time planning the game while it runs. Unless you need whole 6h for quest ofc. Anyway, I'll think what to do about this.

4 October 2016 11:20

Thank you very much

sorry, my English is very bad.

the language is a problem by relying on google Traslate.

I am Oldschool, too, and for a long time without playing. to take the challenge of repeating the quest.

inexperienced players do not understand or appreciate the virtues of this server.

But it is definitely the best for good players

I am very grateful to the entire development team for their good work.

for so long of fun.

Thank

4 October 2016 22:09

Congratulations with all the quests. I think you did an outstanding set of games

lol

16 October 2016 22:33

Thank you,

with CityMania Client, it is much easier than in the past.

I think it would be good to make a change in quest
to increase players number

some players fail to advance by a quest difficult to overcome

and many players could play old quest.

two impediments, one single solution.

create a console command for quests unlock.

for example !enable 56

for active quests list, until, five quests

I think it might be useful and easy to implement

I'm sorry if my translated English is not understood

17 October 2016 16:37

Well, it's a nice suggestion, but I doubt it will do much for server popularity since new players usually don't use commands. Also, it's not that easy to do because quest server is mostly controlled by old Luukland/Novapolis code which I don't want to meddle with just yet.

I also have some ideas of how to improve quest server, it's just not high on my priority list. Though, I'll probably change quest lvl for some quests in the immediate future to ease the problem of player being stuck on them.